Map Personalization Guidelines
We offer personalization (legend text) on many of our products so that you can have a truly one of a kind, custom map.
All you have to do to customize your map is:
- Choose the "PERSONALIZED" option on a product
- Provide the text you would like to include in the text box labeled "Personalized Text". You may have a title, and up to 3 lines of text OR a quote, phrase, wedding name and date, etc. (See below for instructions) NOTE: space is more limited on some of our designs than others, so each case will be treated as unique, and in the event things simply just won't fit, we will contact you to figure out a different solution. Generally we can make things work though.
- You will receive a proof via email that you can use to double check spelling. Please respond as soon as possible, as we can't print your map until you approve your proof!
- Once approved, we print, assemble, and ship your map!
Personalized Text Format
Please include your text in the "Personalized Text (ONLY if selected below)" box with the following format to avoid ambiguity:
Heading: "Heading Text"
Line 1: "Line One Text"
Line 2: "Line Two Text"
Heading: "Our Conquest"
Line 1: "Past Adventures"
Line 2: "Yet to Explore"
"Not all who wander are lost."
- Please allow 5-10 business days for custom work to be completed. It may take less time, but please plan accordingly. It is also up to you to respond with your proof approval in a timely fashion (ideally within 2 business days), as your map will not be printed until we receive your confirmation. We are not at fault for late shipments if we are waiting for your approval.
- Make sure you provide an email address and create an account (prior to, or during checkout by checking the box beside "Save this information for faster checkout next time" on the "Customer Information" page and following the instructions in the email that will be sent to you shortly after placing your order), otherwise we cannot send you a proof, in which case you will simply not have an opportunity to check it beforehand.
- It is possible that your proof will get stuck in your spam filter, therefore it's very important that you check it if you haven't heard from us within the above time frame We may have sent your proof and are simply awaiting your response. We do our best to follow up if we don't hear from you.
- We are not responsible for any typos you make, though we are trying to help minimize errors by providing the proof approval process. In the case that no email address is provided to send a proof to, we are not liable for any errors in text.
- Once proof is approved, we can no longer accept cancellations, returns, or exchanges on custom work.
Legend Personalization Ideas
Need some inspiration for your personalized legend?
Here are some that other customers have put on their maps. Some are wild and crazy, some are heartfelt and simple.
It's up to you!
- "The Davis’s Adventures" (heading), "His" (line 1), "Hers" (line 2), "Together" (line 3)
- "My World Exploration" (heading), "Home" (line 1), "Past Journeys" (line 2), "Vacations to Come" (line 3)
- "Congratulations Alex and Tara!" (Heading), "Married" (line 1), "June 25, 2014" (line 2)
- "Conquest Maps LLC" (heading), "Where We’ve Shipped To" (line 1), "Consignment Stores" (line 2), "Vendors" (line 3)
- "Not all those who wander are lost."
We put together a gallery so you can see what other people are doing. Click below!"
Show Me Some Actual Legend Examples!