Current Job Openings
Manufacturing Team Member - Travel Maps & Home Decor
We’re on a mission to help 1,000,000 people, couples and families travel more than they otherwise might or could have by the end of 2030.
This role is perfect for someone who is creative with an eye for detail, enjoys doing a variety of physically demanding (and sometimes messy) tasks, and would like to work in a fun, fast-paced environment fabricating and shipping premium travel-related art and home decor, including pinnable maps!
Social-distancing, protective equipment and sanitation are priorities and we’re committed to maintaining a safe workplace for everyone.
Become an integral member of our small but mighty production team by learning all facets of the manufacturing process, including:
- Trimming canvas prints and cork sheeting.
- Assembling frame components.
- Breaking down raw materials using a table or miter saw.
- Preparing shipping materials.
- Packing up and stocking products.
- Printing on canvas and other materials using industrial printers.
- Stretching canvas using pneumatic stretching equipment.
In order to be successful in this job you must...
- Have a creative side.
- Have superior attention to detail.
- Be organized, reliable, and consistent.
- Consistently follow instructions and execute repeatable tasks with consistency and care.
- Have basic power tool experience (saws, drills, staplers, air compressor, etc.) or a willingness to learn.
- Derive satisfaction from a job well done and take pride in their work.
- Work efficiently and competently without being closely managed.
- Be able to stand on your feet for the majority of tasks, and occasionally lift and handle heavy items.
It would be even better if you have experience...
- With stretching canvas, stretcher bars, framing (photos, art, etc.), upholstery, woodworking, model-making, or any other type of fabrication.
- In a fast-paced physical work environments like restaurants, warehousing, logistics, etc.
- In manufacturing, construction, or assembly lines.
ABOUT CONQUEST MAPS
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Conquest Maps is dedicated to helping people live lives that are rich in travel experiences and memories! We provide our customers with beautiful, personalized maps and home decor to commemorate past travels and inspire future journeys.
Conquest Maps was born in 2012 out of a simple desire for my wife and I to start tracking our own travel adventures. A high quality, nice-looking, pinnable map was not as easy to find as I would have thought, so I made my own! I quickly realized that there were a lot of other people with the same desire – and challenge – so I made a few more maps to sell on Etsy. Next thing I knew, I had converted my basement into a wood shop, print house, shipping line, and office.
Long story short, we have now helped over 50,000 people track their travels with our products. We’re a team of 12 people operating out of 13,000 square feet in a commercial facility on the east side of Columbus, where we design, produce, warehouse, and ship our products worldwide. Check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lYE7Kl2ic4
Ross Worden, Founder and CEO
HOW TO APPLY
Follow these instructions exactly:
1. Start an email with the phrase “The Next Adventure” in the subject line
2. In the body of the email answer these two questions:
a. What about your experience makes you the perfect fit for this position?
b. Why are you interested in joining our team?
3. Attach your current resume to the email
4. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Additionally, we have expanded our space, modified our processes, and staggered our shifts to provide for more social distancing.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If you are interested, please email us with the answers to the questions above and an attached resume, by clicking "Apply Now" below, or by directly emailing us at email@example.com.