Hello World! The Conquest Maps Blog is Alive!It seems like a "Hello World" post would be an appropriate way to kick of our new blog! Internet tradition aside, it also holds quite a bit more significance, as the world is at the core of what we do!
I suppose that it makes sense that you should know who I am, and why in the world I'm writing this...
My name is Ross, and I'm the founder of Conquest Maps. Conquest Maps was my solo project for the first couple years of its life from May 2012 to about July of 2015. It's no longer just me, but we'll get you up to speed on the rest of the team later :)
I am an Industrial Designer by education and graduated from The Ohio State University in 2009. I then spent the next 6 years working for an incredible design consultancy in Columbus, OH. But now I'm dedicated to Conquest Maps full time!
Creating things is my game, and my passion in life. Solving problems and puzzles, whether literally or in business, is what I do best. That and just good old fashioned hard work! I'm a big fan of reading and listening to audiobooks. When it's not an educational or non-fiction book, it's definitely a fantasy/adventure series or post-apocalyptic/dystopian novel. I'm not ashamed to admit how big of a Harry Potter nerd I am :) …well, maybe a little
As of right now, my wife of… wow, 5 years now, and we just had our first little one this past January. Her name is Harper :) So I have a feeling that family related content is going to be more and more relevant to Conquest Maps as time goes on!
I'm excited to finally get the blog up and running, as there are so many interesting topics that I would love to dig into. But at its core, I hope to provide a handful of things for you:
- Informative and fascinating content related to travel, maps, and home décor.
- Useful, actionable, and instructive information about our products, DIY projects, and other tips.
- Glances into our past, present, and future; from our personal experiences to behind the scenes in Conquest Maps. I want you to get to know the real us.
- Inspiration for getting out and seeing the incredible world that we live in!
- Show you the new products and options as we release them, and tell you about why they came to life in our line.
- Offer a great way to get to know you better, learn from you, and create a feedback loop so we can provide you the most enjoyable and useful content.
So that's that! This is going to be great, and I look forward to diving right in!
What questions didn't I answer that you would like to know more about?
- Tags: Company Updates